Monday, August 22, 2011

19. SAVE ME

I sometimes (but not always) feel pretty bad that I could probably be a world champion procrastinator. I'm a horrible person. My friend told me this joke about procrastination that's super inappropriate and that's why it's hilarious. There's another type of humor I love but it's also pretty inappropriate so obviously I'm not gonna post the details or anything. Again, I am a horrible person. Anyway, this will be my last blog post about Into the Wild. I finally finished today! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. And I must say, I'm pretty darn proud of myself. So here's just some stuff I'd like to say about the last few (hundred) pages of this book. There's quite a lot that happened, but I'll try to keep this short. Concerning the parts comparing Chris to all those other people who tried to survive in the wild: I couldn't believe there were so many of them! I never would've thought that there were others like Alexander Supertamp. And in my opinion, they're all pretty crazy. Now the part about his family was really sad. Like how his childhood was kind of messed up.. It was ESPECIALLY sad when they found out about his death! His sister was just washing the dog when she got the news. That just.. really sucks. Sorry, I can't relate. I've never really experienced death before. That's probably why I can't see Thestrals.. Okay, I'm just gonna skip to the end now. Considering how frustrated I was at Chris McCandless throughout the entire book, I was pretty.. distressed. And I thought it was especially heartwrenching near the end, when he realized that "happiness is only real when shared." And the whole description of how and when he died.. I was truly sorry that this had to happen to him. RIP CHRIS MCCANDLESS AKA ALEXANDER SUPERTRAMP

No comments:

Post a Comment