Thursday, December 8, 2011

34. EXTRA CREDIT post #8

Now I REALLY can't think of anything else to write about. So I'm just going to put down a poem I wrote last year. It was part of my poetry project for English, and it was the only project I ever got an A on in that class. My only other A on a major assignment was my short story. Anyway, here it is:

Curious

Ladies, gentlemen, people of all kinds:
The story I share, 'twill surely blow minds!
A curious incident, what happened long ago,
So pay close attention for I won't tell it slow.

Awoken with fright one cold winter night,
I sleepily climbed out of bed.
Paying heed to a call, I walked up to the wall
Still wondering why I had been led.

Staring straight at a painting for quite a long while,
A Georges Seurat in Impressionist style:
Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte-
How I've longed to be in a place such as that!

And as you can imagine, to my great surprise,
Each and every figure, though they had no eyes,
All turned to face me with a plan they devised
And pulled me into their world - Oh, what a prize!

At a quarter to ten, among high-class men,
Moonlight Sonata could faintly be heard.
I turned around then and Ludwig van Beethoven
Was playing piano! I uttered no word.

Soon I spotted Mister Edgar Allan Poe,
A crowd surrounding him, enjoying the show:
The Raven, The Bells, and Annabel Lee,
Reciting these poems under the shade of a tree.

Suddenly the Lost Boys came flying by
With Peter Pan behind them, doing tricks in the sky!
And there was J.M. Barrie, on a hill with his wife
And the script to the play that makes these characters come to life.

My adventure, now over, was a memorable one;
The dream within a dream in finally done.
Time to go, my day's just begun,
And like Alice in Wonderland, out the door I run!

Tada! Am I a loser for actually memorizing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment