Thursday, December 8, 2011

35. EXTRA CREDIT post #9

So close to finishing! I really hope these count as quality posts, but I feel like I've been rambling again. Oh well, might as well just include another poem. For some reason this is one of my favorites that I've written. I think it was one of my first, too:

The Ocean

I love to be by the ocean
where the blue of the sky
meets the blue of the sea
I see not a cloud,
and hear only the sounds
of waves crashing upon sandy shores
and the seagulls flying
-shouting,
-screeching,
yelling for fish all the more!
And then comes the sunset,
the only one brave enough,
-bold enough,
to separate the wonders blue
with its bright and daring orange hue
And I watch the beauty of the sun
laying itself down to sleep
only to rise again in the morn
to continue its dauntless duty
But alas! - the beach is now plunged into
darkness,
a deep and dangerous darkness,
a soft and beautiful darkness,
where the glimmer of the tide
mimics the twinkling of the stars,
where all the fishes go to bed,
and every creature rests its head,
And the ocean is now at ease-
the deep and dangerous ocean,
the soft and beautiful ocean,
where the blue of the sky
meets the blue of the sea
In my sight, not a cloud,
I hear only the sound
of waves crashing upon sandy shores
And I return on the morrow
with all my joy and all my sorrow
To gaze upon those sandy shores
and listen to the seagulls flying,
-howling,
-yowling,
bawling for fish all the more!

No comments:

Post a Comment