Sunday, June 12, 2011

5. DON'T BE A HERO

That's MY job. Don't worry, dear citizens; I'll save the day! Not really. But I wish. My life is so boring, I just wish I was a superhero or something. I still like to pretend. But I think I'm pretty close! When I was a kid, I always wanted to be the brave one, because all the other kids were too scared. I would be the one to turn on the lights in a dark room, while my friends were too afraid to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. If I was in a movie, I would be the one who would try to be a hero right after someone yells, "Don't be a hero!" I would be that stupid girl in horror films that audiences get frustrated at because she opened the closet. The only thing I'm truly scared of is the dentist. But I think that's such a ridiculous thing to be scared of, so I refuse to be afraid of anything else. I try my best to keep this up, but "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." I hope no one sees right through me. Anywho, I was trying to blend my little life story with what I've read so far in Into the Wild. This Chris McCandless guy must be pretty darn brave to give up everything to go live in the wilderness. Or maybe he's just crazy. I'm yet to find out his motive. Hmm, what else did I want to comment on? Oh yeah, I think his assumed name is pretty hilarious. 'Alexander Supertramp'... I laugh whenever I read it. Now THAT is a proper superhero name. In other news, the Giants won today! And.. congratulations Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment