Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6. DON'T REMIND ME

So now I'm reading On Writing by Stephen King. I love Stephen King, so I was excited to read one of his books this summer, even though it's not one of his horror stories or anything. Anywho, I just got through the part where he talks about his childhood illnesses. That part really entertained me. I'm not a sadist and enjoy other people's misery or anything, but I loved how I could relate. Every six months for the past eleven years of my life, I feel like torture always awaits me at the dentist. The dentist for me is like Stephen King's "ontiologist." My whole life so far has been cavity fillings and tooth extractions and braces ripping up my gums. Also, I had to get my wisdom tooth removed last summer (they kept calling the procedure a "surgery," which made me so much more scared than I already was), and that was the worst two weeks of my life. The "surgery" only took a few hours and they put me to sleep, but the time spent before and after was just horrible. I won't go into detail, but I did write a story chronicling my experience for an English assignment last year, just letting you know. So anyway, while I thoroughly enjoyed that chapter of this book, it did bring back some pretty horrible memories. Which I did not enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment